Admin UX and Content Training for Drupal 8 Migrations
Drupal is a powerful tool for building, managing and presenting structured content, which can be an overwhelming experience for anyone who isn’t well-versed in Drupal terminology or UI conventions. Fortunately, Drupal is extremely flexible and extendable, which allows us, as builders, to create a sensible, focused experience for content admins.
In this video, we walk through real Drupal 8 migration examples that leverage tools from the contrib and core space, like Paragraphs Browser, Media suite and Field Groups, along with admin theme, architecture and UX customizations to create a delightful and straightforward content admin experience.
In the second half of the presentation, we take this thoughtful admin experience we’ve created and made functional for our clients embarking on Drupal 8 migrations for the first time. We walk through strategies to effectively train any audience, including a demo training of the example we reviewed in the first half.
What we cover:
- Using out-of-the-box tools to improve standard Drupal 8 admin conventions
- Leveraging grouping and UI patterns to create logical fieldsets in Drupal’s admin UI.
- Aligning frontend designs with Drupal’s strengths to keep admin tasks focused
- Framing Drupal terminology so it’s easier to learn
- Ensuring your training is aligned with the client’s current proficiency
- Making each item relevant to their ‘why’ of learning it
- Speaking about familiar terms with the newness required to train inexperienced clients